Inspired by nature and our own favourite scents, our 12 exclusive perfumes breathe pure simplicity, our personal guarantee of authenticity.
Like a bouquet of garden roses or peonies that fills a room with its fragrance, each of our candles is crafted to recreate a particular place and time, a special memory or atmosphere, so you can choose a uniquely personal gift from our selection of authentic fragrances.
The classic structure of a perfume, or its olfactory pyramid, is divided into 3 groups of notes, corresponding to the different scents released over time.
The top notes convey the spirit of the perfume, perceived as soon as the box is opened. These volatile notes evaporate as the small pool of melted wax around the wick starts to expand.
The heart or middle notes determine the perfume’s principal accord and define its personality. They can last from 30 minutes to 3 hours, as long as the pool of melted wax covers the candle’s entire surface.
The base notes disseminate the perfume over time, for up to several hours. They contain the long-lasting elements that fix the top and heart notes. These notes correspond to the lingering fragrance left in the perfume’s wake.
Custom-made for Aquarelle, each perfume reflects our deep attachment to nature:
- Cedar: A delicate, woody perfume with a touch of lavender for a subtly fragrant atmosphere.
To see the Cedar olfactory pyramid, click here
- Fig-tree: The fragrant memory of a winding hillside path in Provence, freshened by the scent of wild fig leaves.
To see the Fig-tree olfactory pyramid, click here
- Jasmine Neroli: A perfect accord of jasmine and orange-blossom, redolent of the magnificent winter gardens of old.
To see the Jasmine Neroli olfactory pyramid, click here
- Red Peony: We’ve captured the essence of this wonderfully fragrant but ephemeral variety so you can enjoy its exquisite scent all year round.
To see the Red Peony olfactory pyramid, click here
- Garden Rose: The delicious evening scent of red garden roses at the end of warm summer’s day.
To see the Garden Rose olfactory pyramid, click here
- Tuberose: A flower now rarely seen in bouquets, with an incomparably rich and heady yet subtle perfume.
To see the Tuberose olfactory pyramid, click here
- Narcissus: Filled with the green, fruity and slightly powdery scent of our favourite springtime flower. Subtle but generous, it embodies the welcome return of nature.
To see the Narcissus olfactory pyramid, click here
- Lilac: Dive into the springtime notes of a garden of white lilac. A fresh, floral fragrance to enchant the senses.
To see the Lilac olfactory pyramid, click here
- JHyacinth: Give in to the irresistibly fresh, green notes of this captivating flower that will fill your home with the sweet scent of spring.
To see the Hyacinth olfactory pyramid, click here
- Fig: Fruit and leaves intermingle in this scented ode to the fig. Tempered with sweet, woody notes, this is one of our favourite scents of summer.
To see the Fig olfactory pyramid, click here
- Frangipani: Deliciously fresh, sweet and exotic, you’ll love this perfume’s secondary notes of jasmine and lemon.
To see the Frangipani olfactory pyramid, click here
Our ‘Les Natures d'Aquarelle’ candles are crafted by a small family business with generations of experience as master wax-makers.
As eco-responsible manufacturers, they use only the highest quality products with total respect for the environment.
The candles are made using natural vegetable wax, which melts at lower temperature. This prolongs the burn time and optimizes the dissemination of the fragrance.
Tips, usage and safety precautions
- When using your candle for the first time, let it burn for 1 or 2 hours
- Avoid leaving your candle to burn for more than 2 hours at a time
- Never leave your candle burning unwatched
- Keep all lit candles out of the reach of children
- Always leave a space of 15 cm between lit candles
- Keep burning candles away from any flammable materials
- Avoid placing your candle in a draught
- Never move a candle while it is burning
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candles rather than any form of liquid
- Regularly trim the wick to 5-7mm while your candle is cool