How to keep cut flowers fresh
These fresh flowers will travel in a non-spill vase designed especially by Aquarelle to keep the stems in water at all times during transport.
The following care tips will help your recipient enjoy this bouquet for as long as possible:
- Cut the tie surrounding the stems
- Clean the stems thoroughly , removing as much foliage as possible, as this can affect the quality of the water and prevent your flowers from opening.
- Trim the stems according to the height of your vase.
- Put fresh water in the vase and add the sachet of plant food provided.
- Don’t forget to add a little water every day.
The flowers composing your bouquet will develop at different rates. To prolong their vase life, remove any wilted flowers as soon as possible. Place your bouquet away from direct sunlight, draughts and any sources of heat. Also avoid placing it near any fruit, which emits gasses harmful to many cut flowers as it ripens.
After 4 days, you can trim the tips of the stems again, as a scar tends to form at the point at which they were cut, obstructing the intake of water. You can also change the water completely.