An original indoor plant
The Beaucarnea, also known as the 'Elephant's Foot' or 'Ponytail' palm, is closer to a bush than a plant, with its sturdy stem and long, vibrant green leaves. Originally from Mexico, it belongs to the family of succulents, making it one of the most popular indoor plants at the moment. Your Beaucarnea will be delivered in a stylish, painted zinc plant pot.
Height including pot: 60 cm
Instructions for care
How to care for a Beaucarnea
- Exposure: Choose a light, even sunny, spot but avoid burning sun which could dry out the leaves.
- Temperature: Between 18° and 22 °C.
- Water: The trunk is used to store water, so do not overwater this plant. The soil should never be soaked and should be allowed to dry out completely before watering again with room temperature water.
- Fertilisation: Once a month from April to October.
- Repotting: Repot in the spring, only of the plant has grown too big for the pot. Beaucarneas do not like their roots being disturbed and prefer to sit snugly in their pot.
- Outside: It will also thrive outside from May to September, avoiding temperatures below 8°C.