A wonderfully decorative indoor plant
This stunning plant, originally from South East Asia, is halfway beween a fern and a palm and is mainly cultivated indoors. We're sure you'll appreciate its distinctive beauty and easy maintenance. The cycas is known as a symbol of long life and will add a touch of exotic charm to any interior.
Height: 65 cm including pot
Instructions for care
How to care for a Japanese Cycas
- Light: Place the Cycas near to a window so it can benefit as much as possible from the light, but take care not to push the plant against the window in full sunlight as this may burn the leaves).
- Temperature: Between 20 and 22°C.
- Water: From spring to autumn, water your plant two or three times a week when the surface soil is dry, but without drowning to roots. Cycas are sensitive to excessive or insufficient watering. In the winter, water every two weeks as soon as the soil is dry down to 2 cm.
- Fertiliser: Add fertiliser every two weeks, making sure to dampen the soil before and stop all fertilisation in the winter.
- Repotting: sEvery two or three years in the spring.
- Placing outside in the summer: Don't hesitate to put your Cycas out in the summer, but avoid placing it in direct sunlight and water whenever necessary.