The following care tips, which will be enclosed with your order, will help the recipient enjoy this flowering plant for as long as possible:
- In the ground: Like all tropical plants, the Bougainvillea is sensitive to cold and will not withstand temperatures below 0°C. It should be planted in well-drained area in garden soil mixed with potting compost.
- In a pot: Choose high quality, light potting compost, composed of blond peat. Repot in the spring in a pot with a slightly larger diameter. Just before the autumn, protect your bougainvillea by placing it in a conservatory or behind a large window.
- Exposure: Whether in a pot or in the ground, it will particularly appreciate warmth and a sunny location.
- Watering: For a potted bougainvillea, soak it twice a week, let it drain then replace it in the pot. Outside, in hot weather, it should be watered generously every day.
- In the winter, water less frequently.
- In the summer, add a little fertilizer every 15 days to stimulate flowering. Reduce the amount of fertilizer towards the end of the summer and stop completely when autumn arrives.